The long awaited Version 1.5 of the NPR API Wordpress plugin is now available. This one took a while to get it out the door, but it should be worth the wait. We've added some new functionality and fixed a couple of issues we learned about since V1.4 came out.
V1.5 of this plugin is available under the main/master branch at https://github.com/npr/WP-DS-NPR-API
The highlights of V1.5 include :
- Better ordering of images being sent to the NPR Story API
- Mapping of media credit and agency for media included in stories pulled from the NPR Story API
- Support for multiple bylines for sites that use the Co-Authors-Plus plugin.
- Better story date and story order for stories pulled from the NPR Story API
- Configurable cron interval for pulling from the API
- Image crops. That's right, image crops! We are now pulling the largest possible crop we can find for images in stories pulled from the NPR Story API.
- Better round-tripping of in-line images that will work better with Core Publisher installs.
- Meta fields for pulled images.
Check out the release notes in the Github repository for a bit more info on what we did for V1.5
As always, if you have any questions about the plugin feel free to use the mailing list email@example.com and your fellow WP users may have a solution for you.