Composer 2 Update
Over the last two weeks, we have applied a number of updates to Composer 2, below is a detailed list of issues that have been addressed:
- Bugs FIXED
- Start time behavior with playlist songs - Some stations were reporting that if they edited a start time of a song in their playlist, it would re-order songs rather than re-calculate start times. This is now fixed.
- Programs that ran over night were not displaying conflicts correctly. This has been resolved.
- Gray conflict management box displaying. Some stations were reporting that when they used the back button within programs, the conflict management box would continue to appear. This has been resolved.
- Add Now button not displaying on over night programs. When editing a live playlist for an overnight program, the add now button did not appear. This has been resolved.
- Over night programs were duplicated on episodes page. This has been resolved.
- The playlist indicator on the episodes page was displaying a negative percentage for over night programs. This has been resolved.
- Some stations were reporting that importing within episodes was not honoring the start times within the import file. This has been resolved and you can expect episode importing to behave as such:
- any file with start times included with honor those start times.
- If the duration of one song is longer than the start time of the next song, the episode importer will truncate the duration of the first song. The episode importer will honor start time over duration.
- If there is a leading break (first song is later than the start time of the episode), the episode importer will honor that start time and place a leading break into the playlist.
- If there is a gap between the duration of one song and the song following, the episode importer will insert a break between the two songs.
- Feature Updated
- Change in airtime management - previously, giving an airtime an end date in the past would stop adding episodes from the current date moving forward. Now, giving an airtime an end date in the past will remove all episodes between the end date and the current date.
- Added a "clear search" button in non-classical programs at the top and bottom of the search results. The new clear search button will clear search terms and results. Also, added a new "x" button to the search field in non-classical programs, which will only clear search terms.
- Imports with songs over the end of a program. Any songs that are listed past the end time of the episode from an import file, will not show on widgets but will display within the episode.
- Remove airtime feature - this was removed during a code push prior but after station feedback, we have added back in the ability to remove an airtime within a program. This now displays as an "x" on the top right of the airtime box. This does delete episodes and also any playlists associate to the airtime(s).
COMPOSER 2 SUPPORT
Please continue to submit tickets about any questions or issues you have with Composer 2. Please allow 2 business days for us to respond to and address your questions. If urgent, please call us during business hours.
Director of Station Relations and Communications
NPR Digital Services