We're very happy to announce that stations using our Analytics Service now have access to the powerful Chartbeat and Google Analytics Premium at no extra cost.
Chartbeat's real-time dashboard
If you haven't used Chartbeat yet, you're going to love it. Here's what Nathan Bernier at KUTNews.org says about it:
“After spending years working in radio where the only real audience feedback we would get is a ratings book every three months, Chartbeat has given us a fresh insight on how our audience reacts to the news on a story-by-story basis. And it does it in real time.”
So what is Chartbeat? It's a real-time dashboard of what's happening on your site right this minute and what content is most effectively engaging your audience. Using a simple, fun interface, Chartbeat shows you:
- How many users are on your site right now
- Where they came from
- What content they're looking at - this is where the magic happens
- What they're sharing with others
How is this different from Google Analytics? Chartbeat is a snapshot of what's happening right now, whereas Google Analytics is better for historical trends. Chartbeat is about what content is working for your users today, whereas Google Analytics reveals how your overall audience is growing over time. Finally, Chartbeat is quick and easy compared to Google Analytics' powerful, deep reporting interface. They're both important tools and good at different things.
To get started with the Analytics Service and Chartbeat, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You don't have to be using Core Publisher to use Chartbeat. Also, if you already pay for a Chartbeat account, you can switch it over to us and save some money.
Google Analytics Premium
We're also announcing that we can upgrade your existing Google Analytics account to Premium status. What does this mean? For small stations, it won't make much of a difference, but larger stations will benefit from the following:
- Improved data freshness: You'll see data on site activity appear in your Google Analytics account faster, in about 4 hours instead of 24.
- Unsampled reporting: For many reports, Google Analytics uses a sample of your site traffic rather than the full counts. Premium removes this sampling so you get even more accurate reporting.
- Additional data: In a nutshell, Premium gives you far more data in reports you generate.
- Additional custom variables: If you use custom variables, you know that Google Analytics gives you 5 slots. With Premium, you'll now have 50.
A standard implementation of Google Analytics Premium typically costs $100,000 or more. We're delighted to make it available to stations at no additional cost.
To learn more, email us at email@example.com. We can switch your existing Google Analytics account to Premium behind the scenes, so you won't have to update anything on your pages.