We use GoToMeeting for our training webinars. GoTo is great -- it allows you to watch the webinar, ask questions through a chat box, talk to the presenter. But it does have some quirky tendencies. Our goal with this post is to make the technical steps as painless as possible so that you can focus on the presentation and avoid doing something like this.
Here's a step-by-step walkthrough video, followed by a detailed text tutorial:
Before you start, you'll need a few things. A computer, obviously. You'll also want to use a phone for audio. We suggest finding a room for your staff, setting up one screen and dialing in so that everyone can listen in one place. But you can also do all of this stuff solo.
1. Register for the webinar ahead of time using the link we provided. After you register, you'll be given a link to use for when the webinar begins.
2. At the start of the webinar, paste the link into your browser. This will prompt your browser to download and launch the GoTo software.
3. When the software launches, if all has gone according to plan, you'll see a GoTo control panel that looks like this:
4. If you want to use your computer's mic to listen in, you're done. We highly suggest you use a phone to access audio. The quality is better and it's easier for you to speak to us. Select the "Telephone" option and your control panel should change to look like this:
5. Now grab your phone and dial the number displayed on your control panel. Then enter the access code when prompted. Finally, enter the audio PIN when prompted. Each participant's audio PIN is different so it's important that you look for it on your control panel.
6. Once the webinar is up and running, you can ask questions in the chat box or raise your hand if you want to say something.