How do I use the Featured Content Block?
The Featured Content block automatically rotates through four posts, displaying the main image and headline from each post. It is located under your Flexi Menu and Sticky Strip.
To add content to your Featured Content block:
- Click Content on the black bar above your top admin menu.
- Click Featured Content in your list of queues on the left side of the page.
- Make sure that there are at least four fields under Title section. This is where you will be adding content to your Featured Content block. To add more rows to your queue, enter the number of desired rows in the Number of rows field and click Rebuild.
Note: You must have four pieces of content in the Featured Content queue for it to display.
- Enter the name of a piece of content into a blank field to add it to your Queue. Typing in a field activates the auto-complete function, which will generate a list of posts based on what you are typing. Select the piece of content that you want to add to the Queue from this list.
- Check the Display check box for each piece of content that you want to show up on your site. Unchecking the Display box will hide your content, allowing you to queue it up for the future.
- Use the crossed arrows to drag and drop your content into the desired order and hierarchy.
- Click Preview to see what your block will look like before saving it.
- Click Save Queue.
Note: There is no “Activate” checkbox for the Featured Content block.
To deactivate this block you can can take one of these actions:
- Uncheck all of your Display checkboxes.
- Remove it from the Top Region in your Homepage Layout Manager.