The Infinite Dial is an annual survey of consumer media usage conducted by Edison Research and sponsored by Triton Digital. It's full of important trends and statistics on listener behaviors that matter to public media. Here are a few highlights:
- 47% of Americans listen to online radio at least once a month (up from 27% five years ago).
- 75% of people under 25 have done so.
- 26% of mobile phone owners have connected it in their car to listen to online radio.
- 31% of Americans 12 or older listened to Pandora in the last month. 9% to iHeartRadio.
- Two-thirds of weekly online radio listeners use a computer and smartphone, one-third use a tablet.
- 15% of Americans listened to a podcast in the past month (up from 11% five years ago).