NPR Digital Services is pleased to announce a change to our Audio Streaming service.
A streamlined, simplified and more cost-effective audio streaming pricing policy will go into effect April 1, 2013. The new model is based on data usage per stream. This approach will result in a cost effective way for stations to deliver streamed content to a growing digital audience without having to worry about audience spikes.
After conversations with many partner stations and evaluating the streaming provider landscape, we learned that our current streaming model needed to transform to better support online audience growth and audio innovation.
The new model is the result of consultation with many partner stations and a competitive analysis of streaming providers. In the last 12 months, we've seen tremendous spikes in digital listening, which may have caused overage fees for our service users. Rather than worrying about audience spikes, we want to offer a model that does not penalize online audience growth.
The NPR DS Streaming service provides a number of benefits to help you maximize your reach with a growing digital audience.
- 24/7 technical support
- Unlimited simultaneous listeners to allow for growth without concern for audience spikes
- Free plug and play encoder with configured hardware and software
- Audio streaming player (Available in March)
- Consistent and reliable real-time content delivery for your growing online audience
- Automatically integrated with Triton Webcast Metrics for real time and historical analytics (NPR Members Only)
- Automatically integrated SoundExchange reporting, with use of Composer Pro, to keep your station compliant with music rights legislation.
In the coming weeks, Digital Services Station Relations Managers will be reaching out to current streaming service users to discuss pricing changes and will be available to all Member stations to discuss this new cost-effective streaming option.
In the meantime if you have any questions please contact your Digital Services Station Relations Manager or email email@example.com.