The NPR DS Marketing Forms have been updated to allow stations using the Sage or Authorize.net payment gateways to accept credit cards using an "Authorize-Only" service. This means that the credit card numbers will be securely stored by the payment gateway but not charged until you instruct the gateway to process the payments via your membership database.
On May 27, 2015 we held a webinar outlining the difference between Authorize-Only payments, and Authorize & Capture payments (where credit cards are charged automatically), along with information on testing the new gateway on your Marketing Forms.
WEBINAR SLIDES (PDF)
TESTING PAYMENTS & LAUNCHING YOUR FORMS
Here are the steps to test the Authorize-Only processing on your account:
1. Log in to your Marketing Forms account and view the edit screen for the form(s) you'd like to test to ensure that in the PAYMENT METHODS section you see the credit card processor listed says, "Sage-Credit Card (Auth Only)".
2. Log out of the Marketing Forms system and place a least two small pledges using a live credit card: 1 one-time payment and 1 sustaining payment.
- Let us know if you encounter any errors placing the pledge.
- Review the Thank-You screen & confirm you receive a thank-you email.
3. Log back in to your Marketing forms account and go to REPORTS>>DONATION EXPORT to download a report for the date you placed the test pledge.
- Open the file in Excel to confirm you are seeing the Remote_ID and Remote_Session fields at the end of the file.
- Credit card pledges placed using the "Authorize Only" method should have an ID number in the "Remote_ID" field and the word, "authorize" in the "Remote_Session" field.
4. Upload the donation export file to your database and test processing the payment.
If you are able to process the payment and update your database successfully, your forms are technically ready to go live. Let us know if you need help with any additional form updates to finalize your form.
When you have completed your testing, please fill out this form to let us know you're ready to go live.