Stations that have a coherent, workable digital strategy can focus their resources on what matters to their audience, increase audience size, loyalty and engagement, have a greater impact on their community and make their digital strategy sustainable by increasing revenue.
Sounds like a grand future... so how do you get there?
Here’s the first step: Join our editorial webinar on Thursday, May 24 at 2 p.m. ET to find out about the focused strategic and tactical news training that’s available through NPR Digital Services. This is a great chance for news directors, program directors, general managers and even reporters to find out how you can benefit from your investment in Digital Services, and ask questions.
[note - this video is only available to NPR member stations]
Here’s what we’ll talk about:
- The strategy we’ve developed to help stations be more successful on digital platforms
- The weekly webinars we offer for all stations, including our webinar plans for the summer
- The 11-week intensive training that is available to 70 stations (and how you can sign up)
- How stations are benefiting from the training
- Updates on our experiments on Facebook and on NPR.org, and how stations can join these kinds of experiments
- How stations can utilize the API to improve their online presence
- How we’re sharing strategies and best practices that we’re hearing about from stations and what we’re discovering
One of the keys to success is training your reporters to understand the digital landscape, so you get the most effective results from their work on all platforms. These training initiatives, funded in part by the Knight Foundation, are designed to help you get there.
We have other webinars planned to give stations a “deep dive” into what Digital Services offers:
- June 7 at 2 p.m. ET – Products and Technology with Doug Gaff and Keith Hopper (recommended for managers, web/technology leaders)
- June 14 at 2 p.m. ET – Business Intelligence with Steve Mulder (recommended for managers, program directors, news directors, web/technology)
- June 21 at 2 p.m. ET – Revenue Support with Bob Kempf and Stephanie Miller (Great for managers, underwriting teams, major giving, membership)
These are important opportunities for you to find out more about the services that are available to you through your investment in NPR Digital Services.
For a broad overview of our mission and goals, the structure of the business, and what’s coming, watch the first webinar in the series here.